Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21st...damn it's cold! 2 1/2 miles...

I was tempted to run a 5k today because my total as of yesterday was 16.9 miles. If I ran the 5k, I would be at 20 miles and I like round numbers. I ran 2.5 miles today in 27:57. My total so far is 19.4 miles (3.88%) in a total time of 03:45:45 in 21 days (5.75%).

Special split time:

2 miles: 23:04

I've been erratic in my pace and I'm unsure of what I am doing wrong. The first part of my run until about the first mile seems like I labor too much. The last mile to mile and a half I feel better and my breathing seems to steady. When I run my 5ks, I feel even better around the 3 mile mark. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. First of all, good job for you starting to run. As for how you feel, you're not doing anything wrong. Your first mile is your body getting warmed up, especially if you are running outside. My first mile is generally about 10-15% slower than my normal steady run pace. So if you're laboring during that first mile, slow it down a little and let your body warm up. As you start feeling better, you can pick up the pace a bit.

    ReplyDelete