Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Milestones Reached

Thanks to those that are reading! Lauren and I have dug ourselves out and we are feeling the shoveling muscles that we seem to discover every winter. But there is no rest for the weary and are planning to hit the gym on Friday! Wooot!

I ran early on Wednesday thanks to a snow day. I hit some new milestones. I was so excited about the impending snow that I forgot to log in my miles and times.

The first milestone was a new distance record for me. I ran 4.3 miles in 48:33. Why 4.3 miles? My total mileage before the run was 21.9. When I started running, I thought about doing just a 5k but then I realized that I was only another mile and change from getting to totalling a marathon. I thought what the hell, slowed my pace down a bit and finished off the last 1.2 miles.

I did some figuring while I was running because there isn't much to do aside from watching SportsCenter or whatever judge show happens to be on (Judy, Alex, Joe Brown). I calculated that I will run a little over 19 marathons by the time I get to 500 miles. I've knocked out one. Here's to the other 18 that I will be conquering (raising my glass of water).

Split times:

2 miles: 23:10
5k: 34:46
4 miles: 44:36

Total miles ran so far: 26.2 (5.24%)
Total time: 05:06:28 (about 11:40/mile)
Total days so far: 27 (7.39%)

Goal tomorrow: 3.8 miles- That will get me to 30 miles total with a goal to get to 35 by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment